If any of the following circumstances apply then parents can register for Pupil Premium and Free School Meals. Pupil Premium is extra funding for your child’s education which follows them throughout their time in primary school and is spent on things like extra teaching assistant time and resources your child may need.
It doesn’t matter how long the eligibility lasts – once it is met a child gets it from then on in primary school.
- Universal Credit with a household income of less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)
- Income-Based Jobseekers' Allowance
- Income-Related Employment and Support Allowance
- Child Tax Credit, not entitled to Working Tax Credit and household income less than £16,190
- Income Support
- Working Tax Credit 'run on' – the payment you receive for a further four weeks after you finish work
Full details are on Lancashire County Council’s website below